If you’ve been reading my blog for some time, you would know that I don’t use any other hair tools except for Glampalm. It works so well on my hair, and I love that you almost never have to use any styling products like hair spray to make sure it lasts all day.
That being said, it is a little on the pricier side, and some of you requested for a cheaper alternative. Glampalm heard you out, and came out with a new hair iron called StyleRush, price at almost R1000 cheaper than the classic Glampalm (and just as good!)
I was given one to review, and after using it for just over a month I have a couple of thoughts to share with you.
First things first, let’s get the differences out the way:
- It doesn’t have temperature control and vibration mode: But most hair irons don’t. I do miss the vibration mode (which gets rid of frizz and makes hair smoother) but I always use my Glampalm on the highest setting so don’t need temperature control
- It has 70% of the healing stone properties that Glampalm has – which is really good and hasn’t shown any heat damage to my hair.
- It doesn’t heat up as fast as Glampalm, which is the fastest from all irons
- It doesn’t come with a heatproof bag
What the Style Rush has on the Glampalm:
- It’s cheaper, obvs.
- It’s slightly thicker, so it works a lot faster when straightening and makes bigger, more voluminous curls which I love!
All in all: I love both hair irons equally. I particularly like the Glampalm for straightening hair because of the sleekness the vibration mode provides, however I think the curls on the Style Rush look and sit a lot better.
When I was planning this post, I was trying to think of a way to integrate a true way to show the pros and cons of both of these irons, so of course a comparison post would be fitting. Instead of doing a review and simply posting how I did my hair, I added a little twist: I did half of my hair with the Glampalm and half with the StyleRush (using the exact same products in my hair), here was the results:
Done with the Glampalm on the left and StyleRush on the right
They look basically the same, and I wish I had taken pictures that evening and the morning after, because my hair still looked immaculate on both sides, I had actually even forgotten which side was which at first!
Verdict: both held out so well – even until the day after! I’m super impressed with the StyleRush so if you don’t mind not having temperature control and vibration mode, it’s worth it!
I have two discount codes for both the Glampalm and for the StyleRush (yay!) See below.
Glampalm: SAS225 (http://www.glampalmhair.com/)
StyleRush: SAS327 (http://stylerush.co.za/wp/)