With Eid a mere 3 days away (yay!), everyone rushes to get last minute items: Jewellery, hair accessories, that perfect bag or shoe. What tends to be neglected, though, is makeup.
I personally love to do something fun and daring with my makeup, if it’s the time to dress up, why not dress up your face too?
Here are some quick tips:
- Look to your jewellery to get inspiration on colours. Wearing gold? Use gold shadow. Have a turquoise stone in your ring? Line the bottom of your eyes with turquoise liner.
- Dramatise your eyes not your lips. It’s the day of eating in daylight after a month of abstinence! You WILL eat your heart out, and you don’t want to worry about touching lipstick every few minutes.
- It’s the one time you can wear shimmery shadow during the day, but NOT Glitter. Keep it simple!
Here are two tutorials I did a while back on my other blog for easy smokey eyes!
DRAMATIC SMOKEY EYE
- Cover the entire lid up to the crease in a cream coloured shimmery shadow
- Using black eye shadow, create a line from the outer corner of the eye, along the crease to the inner corner. Create a cat eye shape at the outer corner as pictured
- Line the upper and lower lids with black gel liner
- Complete with mascara
GOLD AND NAVY SMOKEY EYE
- Cover the lid, up to the crease in a rich gold shadow
- On the outer half of the eye, add black shadow
- Blend towards the inner corner, to create a gradient of dark to light
- Line the top of the eye with black gel liner
- Line the inner rims of the eye with navy liner (this looks great with turquoise too!)
- Finish off with pink cheeks and gloss